Image Map

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Throw me somethin' mister

I LOVE Mardi Gras and I love that my school loves Mardi Gras.  The 2nd grade at my school always puts on a Mardi Gras parade for the whole school.  My firsties were bursting with excitement today to watch the older kids strut their stuff through the school.

They take big boxes and decorate them to be their float.  They throw toys and beads to all the kids.  The parade route is through our gym, cafeteria and all through the halls.  It was SO much fun! It's definitely something for all of the 1st graders to look forward to next year.


Today was another beautiful day of outside learning.  We grabbed our clipboards and headed outside to work on our shapes.  When we finished our workbook they grabbed some sidewalk chalk and practiced drawing their shapes.  They are still having a little trouble drawing hexagons and octagons.



It's almost Friday everyone!

Britney G.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a awesome teacher!! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had lots of fun and nice to meet another Louisiana blogger!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete