Image Map

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Fluency and Singing go hand in hand!

Hi friends, I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and I'm scared to use the words back..to...school all together so I won't say that BUT I will say that I have only 3 weeks left. AGH!! How did that happen?

 Today I want to share with you how I begin my ELA block Every. Single. Day. I have a collection of fun poems and songs that correlate with monthly themes. It is SO simple. Every day we sing for my friends to come to the carpet. We greet each other and do a short few minutes of morning meeting. 

Once, I have their attention and we are ready to begin I turn on my SmartBoard and on the board I have a poem or a song waiting on them. First, I read it to them to model how to read fluently. Then we read it together a few times. After that I usually have students bursting with excitement to read the poem to me, which they can now do because we have read it at least 3 times by now.

My students especially love the days when I have a song pulled up for them to sing. I catch them singing it throughout the day at their seats. :)


 Example: This is from my October Poems and Songs.




I have recently bundled all of my Poems and Songs for the entire year!




To check out my bundle, CLICK HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment