Image Map

Monday, May 4, 2015

Mother's Day *a little love for Moms* Part 1

A couple years back I stumbled on one of the thousands of hand scrub recipes that live on Pinterest.

Here is the original link:

Mary Kay Satin Hands DIY

I love making these for Mother's Day because it is a gift that:
a) Moms can actually use
b) students make this COMPLETELY on their own
c) It's so inexpensive.

First things first.

Print the labels.

Hand Scrub Labels

I cannot claim credit for the adorable poem. It came from Hanging By A Silver Lining.

Once the labels are printed you will need small snack size containers. I like to use Tupperware to keep with reason C. BUT I suppose you could always go to Dollar Tree and buy glass containers or use Mason jars.

These are the containers that I use.



You will need a large bottle on Dawn dish washing liquid.  The pink kind with Olay Beauty.



You will also need a large bag of sugar.

There really is no recipe for this. I let the students fill their containers about 2/3 of the way full with sugar and then they add Dawn until it is creamy. If they add too much I can always add more sugar.







I give them a plastic spoon to stir. When they think it's finished we pop the lid on. I'd also like to mention we do this outside on the playground so that as students finish they can go and play and I can work with others.

Once everyone has finished we head back inside. The next step is all me and it's done after school.

I use a hole punch and a lot of arm strength to punch holes in the tabs of the plastic lids. I string both labels through. Like this.




Ta da.  Mother's Day Gift #1.

But that's not all they get. Stay tuned for Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment